II.2.2) Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3) Place of performance
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
A time limited (8 months) contract to carry out the field work, data collection and analysis for the local evaluation of the implementation of the House of Care in NHS Grampian. House of Care is a person-centred care planning approach for people with long-term health conditions which involves redesigning systems to deliver person-centred care, as opposed to system-driven care based on single disease clinics and services. This work will be driven and supported by the Evaluation sub – group of the Transformation Programme Board. We will work with primary care teams from early adopter GP Practices to explore their experiences of implementing the House of Care and help them reflect on and generate ways of addressing any challenges they encounter and/or scope for improvement they identify.
The supplier would be expected to provide a skilled qualitative researcher who has a sound understanding of the principles of self-management and care and support planning. The period of time expected to complete the evaluation will be approximately 8 – 9 months. This time period may need to be fragmented if external barriers occur, leading to delays in the project. The supervisor would need to manage this with any other existing work commitments the researcher may already have. The supplier would be expected to supervise the progress of the researcher. The researcher will serve as a resource for access to potentially relevant learning about the processes of service improvement/redesign and about perspectives on quality of care. The researcher will be expected to be part of the evaluation sub-group and contribute to the proposed methodology. The researcher would lead on data collection, coordinate and facilitate interviews with staff, patients and the public, facilitate focus groups, undertake thematic analysis and write up and creation of final evaluation reports.
Proposed areas for further examination with further contribution from the supplier would include:
- Facilitation of semi-structured individual interviews with health professionals (such as GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Health Care Support Workers) and/or a focus group discussion with the practice team to explore ‘current ways of working’ and their expectations, hopes and concerns about the adoption of the House of Care model in their practice.
- Individual interviews with a sample of patients (+/- carers) with a long term condition before their first house of care informed review/care planning session and afterwards. (Sample size, strategy and timescale would be dependent on prioritisation of other tasks timescale).
- Audio or video recording of a sequence of House of Care review consultations (including those involving the people interviewed).
- Individual interviews with the health professionals (GPs, specialist nurses, practice nurses, any others involved in the care of people with LTCs) about their early experiences of House of Care, inviting them to comment on what is going more and less well with it, identify more and less challenging/successful examples of working with patients, and identify issues that they think would benefit from further attention/improvement work.
- Collate data from GP IT systems to understand redistribution and reallocation of staff time pre and post implementation of House of Care which will complement an understanding of the processes of implementation of House of Care.
- Facilitated discussions in which the primary care team reflect together on particular cases, with the support of questions and data previously gathered. Exploration of suggestions that encourage them to consider their various perspectives on the source and nature of challenges they face and any concerns they have, identify scope for improvement and explore possible ways of handling them.
II.2.5) Award criteria
Price is not the only award criterion and all criteria are stated only in the procurement documents
II.2.7) Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Duration in months: 8
This contract is subject to renewal: No
II.2.9) Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10) Information about variants
Variants will be accepted:
II.2.11) Information about options
II.2.13) Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds:
II.2.14) Additional information
Please see attached documents