II.2.3) Place of performance
Main site or place of performance:
North Ayrshire is split up into 6 locality areas; delivery will be across the 6 localities (including the islands of Arran and Cumbrae) and as close as possible to home for service users.
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
There are 3 service delivery areas;
Area 1 Identification, education and prevention (with an emphasis being on peer led recovery support)
The focus will be on identifying, engaging, educating and supporting hard to reach groups, usually not involved with ‘addiction services’ and supporting access to services, as appropriate.
The provider will be required to employ, support, train, and supervise Peer Recovery Workers (individuals with lived experience of alcohol and drug use who are now in recovery themselves) to offer practical pro-social support and assist service users to access and receive relevant support.
Area 2 Brief intervention and psycho-social support
A Tier 3 psycho-social support service is required to deliver trauma informed support and deliver brief interventions to service users who have addiction issues that will include, but is not limited to, alcohol and poly drug use such as cannabis, benzodiazepines, amphetamines, and new Psychoactive Substances and have less complex presentations. The service will be expected to support the delivery and reporting of Alcohol Brief Interventions and to also promote the use of Naloxone and meet all 'access to treatment waiting times standards'.
Area 3 Ongoing recovery support for individuals, carers and families
The service provider will be required to;
- Set up and facilitate ‘recovery support groups/mechanisms’ for individuals, families and carers across North Ayrshire localities;
- Offer follow up support for clients being discharged from North Ayrshire Drugs and Alcohol Recovery Service (NADARS) to continue to promote their recovery
- Reduce/prevent/manage lapse/relapse.
- Have a pivotal role in encouraging Service Users to engage with local community recovery initiatives/meetings, mutual aid groups.
- Work with NADARS to engage differently with service users (primarily prescribed ORT medications) who are not attending appointments/visits in order to promote attendance and recovery opportunities.
A skill mix is required with a minimum of 40% of the workforce being secured for individuals with lived experience of alcohol/drug use and in recovery.
Services are to be underpinned by the values and principles of recovery and social inclusion and will meet all of the Quality Principles.
II.2.14) Additional information
Duration of the contract is anticipated to be 3 years.