II.2.2) Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3) Place of performance
Main site or place of performance:
Isle of Bute
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
We are seeking to appoint a partner to produce a comprehensive e-bike action plan. It is expected that the successful supplier will attend an inception meeting with key stakeholders on Bute, present recommendations to gain community feedback and prepare a short presentation to accompany the final reports.
We expect that the following actions and points will be addressed:
- Review of previous and current transport and active travel feasibility studies.
- Review of current projects underway – Wayfinding Project, Rothesay Joint Campus Community Link cycle way and Spatial Strategy Options (led by Argyll & Bute Council)
- What would an e-bike hire solution look like for Bute from customer perspective? Residents/Visitors
- Should it follow the Car Bute model or have a different approach from Fyne Futures perspective? Membership and/or pay per hire?
- Where should e-bike stations be placed from people perspective (trip drivers)? Schools, shops, places of work, leisure,
- Where should e-bike stations be placed in relations to existing and proposed transport infrastructure – bus stops, ferry terminals, car parks, taxi rank, community car club, airfield?
- What are the known issues, risks, and constraints on scoped sites? Land ownership, grid connectivity, space, accessibility?
- Does renewable energy (PV panels) have a role at stations/charging points?
- Is a modular growth model approach best? Minimum value prototype; small and central; or big impact across island?
- What would a sustainable financial business model look like?
- Initial capital and revenue investment required?
- Ongoing operational costs? Lifecycle costs?
- Local employment – direct FTE created? FTE potential from ancillary goods and services?
- Environmental impact assessment – carbon savings?
- Costed and Time lined Project Plan to achieve fully operational solution
Timeline and Budget
The development phase will begin on 1st April 2019 and is expected to be completed by 30th June 2019
We have a budget of 10,000 GBP
Awarding decision will be made by a panel of key local stakeholders on the basis of best value within budget.
Other Activities during this phase not part of this tender
- Community Engagement
- Survey to establish current baseline data related to active travel, in particular bike use
- “Gies a shot” e-bike trials
- Development of marketing strategy for Bike Bute
II.2.5) Award criteria
Quality criterion: Added value within Budget
/ Weighting: 20
II.2.7) Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Duration in months: 3
This contract is subject to renewal: No
II.2.9) Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10) Information about variants
Variants will be accepted:
II.2.11) Information about options
II.2.13) Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: